WHO WILL WIN – 03 Nov 23 MATCH PREDICTION | Afghanistan VS Netherlands 34th MATCH (ICC WORLD CUP INDIA 2023)

Yasoob Ul Haq

Afg Vs NED Match 34

Afghanistan Vs Netherlands match will be played at Ekana Cricket StadiumLucknow in the Cricket World Cup 2023. Afghanistan is expected to win this match. Their team is more balanced than the Netherlands, with strong hitters and bowlers. The Netherlands have some good players, but they have not been playing well in recent months.

Afghanistan VS Netherlands MATCH DETAILS

Date: Nov 03, 2023
Match34th Match
TeamsAfghanistan VS Netherlands
Venue: Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket StadiumLucknow
Time
: 01:30 pm Local

PITCH REPORT

Almost ten stadiums in India will be used for the 2023 World Cup. Ekana Sports Stadium is also one of them. All these stadiums have pitches that make it easier for batters to hit the ball. This stadium has a good surface for batters and spin bowlers. In any case, bowlers seemed to be struggling on this pitch.

HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH HISTORY Afg VS. NED

Matches PlayedAfghanistan WinsNetherlands WinsTied
9720

PREDICTED PLAYING XI

Team Afghanistan

  • Hashmatullah Shahidi (c)
  • Rashid Khan
  • Rahmanullah Gurbaz
  • Ibrahim Zadran
  • Najibullah Zadran
  • Noor Ahmad
  • Azmatullah Omarzai
  • Mujeeb ur Rahman
  • Fazalhaq Farooqi
  • Abdul Rahman
  • Naveen-ul-Haq.

Team Netherlands

  • Scott Edwards (c)
  • Max O’Dowd
  • Logan Van Beek
  • Shiraz Ahmed
  • Vikram Singh
  • Paul van Meekeren
  • Colin Ackermann
  • Aryan Dutt
  • Saqib Zulfiqar
  • Bas de Leede
  • Vikramjit Singh

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM Afghanistan

Best Batter

Hashmatullah Shahidi is one of the strongest middle-order players of the game for the Afghanistan team. He showed his skills by chasing huge targets and can be trustworthy in critical times to perform well. He is considered one of the most talented betters in Afghanistan.

BEST BOWLER

Rashid Khan is the leg-spinner who has recently played his 100th ODI which helped his team to win against Sri Lanka. They got Dhananjaya de Silva out with a great strategy.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM Netherlands

Best Batter

The captain, Scott Edwards, gained fans from all around the globe because of his excellent batting and leading abilities in this World Cup. He hit the boundaries most in his team in two last matches out of four played till now.

Best Bowler

Paul van Meekeren, who is 30 years old, did very well in the win at Lucknow. He took the wickets of Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, and Taskin Ahmed.

SWOT ANALYSIS FOR BOTH TEAMS

Let’s examine the SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) of both teams:

Team Afghanistan‘s Strengths

Players like Rashid Khan, Mujeeb ur Rahman, and Mohammad Nabi have been playing in many T20 leagues and will be tough to compete against.

All three of these bowlers have a lot of different helpful skills. Rashid is good at bowling fast leg spins and has a lot of different moves that can trick the batters. Mohammad Nabi is consistent and can bowl accurately every day. He doesn’t give the batsmen much to work with, so they make mistakes. Mujeeb ur Rahman possesses many tricks.

All three spinners can bowl during the powerplay and can take wickets regularly. They can also stop the flow of runs.

The three bowlers have different types of bowling styles. Mohammad Nabi is one of the consistent players and a reliable bowler who can tackle tricky situations. He doesn’t give the rival batsmen any opporty to stand against his ball.

Team Afghanistan’s Weaknesses 

Afghanistan surprised everyone by selecting Shahidi as the captain before the World Cup. He has perfection in his captaincy and has a lot of experience before.

If the team had to decide that, it would have been better if they had made the change at least one or two years before the World Cup. Former captain Asghar Afghan is not part of the team anymore, which might make some players feel uncomfortable.

Opportunities For Team Afghanistan

At the same time, it also gives Hashmatullah a chance to prove the experts wrong and make a name for himself as a captain at the highest level. He is a successful cricket player and has scored important runs for the team recently. He could be a good leader for Afghanistan’s cricket team.

Mohammad Nabi, Mujeeb ur Rahman, and Rashid Khan are well-known all around the world. Rashid is already well-known around the world, but Nabi and Mujeeb still have a lot of work to do to become as popular.

Threats For Team Afghanistan

Luckily, senior fast bowler Hamid Hassan’s comeback in the squad could be really good news for us. We will think about his health and fitness during the upcoming practice matches, said Dawlat Khan Ahmadzai, the head selector, during a press briefing.

Hassan last played a One Day International in 2016 against Ireland and has been suffering from injuries to his heel, knee, and thigh. He came back to play for Afghanistan’s team in February 2018 but got injured again during practice.

It would be interesting to see how his body reacts to bowling 10 overs in nine matches if he gets a chance to play. He might be very tired because he needs to coordinate well, and God forbid if his body can’t handle the long work hours, there will be a noticeable gap in Afghanistan’s leadership.

Team Netherlands Strengths

The best thing about the Netherlands is that they are good at everything. Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, and Max O’Dowd are good at both bowling and batting for the Dutch team. Colin Ackermann, Shariz Ahmad, and Roelof van der Merwe might also be on the team. Vikramjit Singh and Logan van Beek can also be useful as part-time options when the team needs them.

Team Netherlands Weaknesses 

The team takes turns playing offense and defense, both on the field and on the pitch. They struggled the most against Sri Lanka and their spin bowlers, getting out 11 times out of 20. In India, the pitches will be good for spin bowlers and teams will have to fight hard to make it to the next round of the World Cup. Aryan Dutt is their main off-spinner and together with others, they have a total of 52 wickets.

Opportunities For Team Netherlands

They might not be expected to win, but they could cause problems for some of the big teams in the event. Scott Edwards, Logan van Beek, and Teja Nidamanuru really play an important role in international cricket. Aryan Dutt, Vikramjit Singh, and Bas de Leede can change their strategy and take careful risks alongside the experienced players of the Dutch team.

Threats For Team Netherlands

The Netherlands have never won against strong teams in World Cups and this might make them worried. The Dutch team will have a tough time competing against Asian teams.

WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR BOTH TEAMS

Afghanistan has become a winner in more matches than the Netherlands in the past. Team Afg is even stronger strategically than Team NED. Afg is playing in their neighbor’s home ground so, it is easier for them to win.

In One Day Internationals (ODIs), Afghanistan played against the Netherlands 9 times. Afghanistan won 7 out of 9 matches, while Netherlands won 2 matches. So, there is a greater chance for Afghanistan to win.

TOSS ROLL IN TODAY’S MATCH

So far in the competition, there have been four games played at this location. Two of the games were won by the teams batting first, and two were won by the teams chasing. We think Afghanistan will choose to bowl first, and the Netherlands will choose to bat first if they win the coin toss.

WEATHER REPORT (FORECAST) FOR TODAY MATCH

TemperatureSkyRain
25-30°CClearNo rain expected

MATCH PREDICTION

Team AfghanistanTeam Netherlands
70% chance to win30% chance to win

Who will win this match?

Older records tell that Afghanistan has proved to be stronger than the Netherlands. So, Afghanistan will win.

Where will the Afg Vs NED match be played?

The Afg Vs NED match will be played at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket StadiumLucknow.

What is the weather forecast for this match?

The weather forecast says there will be lots of sun with temperatures starting at 25° C in the morning and reaching 30° C later in the day. There will be no rain interruption.

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment