Who Will Win – 05 Oct 23 Match Prediction | England Vs New Zealand 1st Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

Yasoob Ul Haq

1st Match

The highly anticipated World Cup 2023 is about to happen soon. The ICC World Cup 2023 is considered the most important event in the world of cricket. The World Cup of the year 2023 will be going to start on October 5th, 2023. The first match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between England and New Zealand in Ahmedabad at 1:30 pm | 2:00 pm local at Narendra Modi Stadium.
This article will discuss the predicted performance of Britain against New Zealand in Dream 11 and provide additional information.

Eng Vs NZ

Eng vs NZ Match Details

Date: Oct 05, 2023
Match: 1st Match
Teams: England vs. New Zealand
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
Time: 08:30 AM GMT, 02:00 PM LOCAL


Before the 2023 match between Britain and New Zealand in the World Cup, the playing field is expected to be favorable for batters. In the past, games played at this location usually resulted in teams scoring an average of about 175 runs. This means that we can expect a game with a lot of points.

The field where the match will be played is expected to be dry and challenging, which means the ball will move quickly and bounce high. This is really good news for the players because it means they can hit the ball more easily. However, in the morning, the bowlers may receive some help, especially during the first few overs.

As the game continues, the bowlers who spin the ball may become important in the middle of the match. Simply put, this pitch should create an exciting game where both players and bowlers have opportunities.


FormatMatches PlayedEngland WinsNew Zealand WinsDraws

Predicted PLAYING XI

Team England

  • Jos Buttler (Captain, wk)
  • Jason Roy
  • Jonny Bairstow
  • Joe Root
  • Ben Stokes
  • Liam Livingstone
  • Sam Curran
  • Chris Woakes
  • Jofra Archer
  • Adil Rashid
  • Mark Wood

Team New Zealand

  • Kane Williamson (c)
  • Tom Latham (vc & wk)
  • Devon Conway (wk)
  • Glenn Phillips (wk)
  • Trent Boult
  • Tim Southee
  • Mitchell Santner
  • Jimmy Neesham
  • Daryl Mitchell
  • Will Young
  • Mark Chapman
  • Rachin Ravindra
  • Lockie Ferguson
  • Ish Sodhi
  • Matt Henry


Best Batter

As excitement for the competition reaches a very high level, cricket experts are sharing their thoughts and predictions on who might perform exceptionally well. England’s cricket star, Joe Root, recently shared his thoughts, he thinks he will be the top scorer and wicket-taker in the ODI World Cup in 2023.

Best Bowler

Adil Rashid is one of the best leg-spinners in the world. Additionally, he is famous for his accurate bowling, his ability to spin the ball in different directions, and his ability to take wickets. Rashid started playing for Britain in 2009 and has played 126 matches for his country since then. Moreover, he has taken 184 wickets in One Day International matches with an average of 32. 41. Concurrently, he has also achieved 5 five-wicket hauls.


Best Batter

Kane Stuart Williamson is the leader of the New Zealand cricket team for shorter matches. Williamson, who is considered the best player of the modern era, was named the highest run scorer of all time for New Zealand in February 2023. Martin Crowe, a former cricketer from New Zealand, admired Kane as the best batsman ever.

Best Bowler

After not playing one-day international cricket for 12 months, New Zealand bowler Trent Boult is getting another chance to compete in the 50-overs World Cup after losing in the last two finals.
The 34-year-old is a very good one-day international bowler. However, he didn’t play for the Dark Caps in the past year because he chose to play for profitable Twenty20 teams in Australia, the United States, and India instead of accepting a New Zealand Cricket contract.


Let’s dive into a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team England Strengths

Britain has a strong group of batters. Joss Butler, Jason Roy, and Liam Livingstone are the main players in their batting line-up. All these players are good at scoring a lot of points and handling pressure in important games. Britain is also a successful country in every situation. They won the 2019 World Cup and are the current champions. They have skilled players in the batting order.

Team England Weaknesses 

England is very competitive, but they have a few weaknesses. The bowling team doesn’t have a stable or reliable lineup. This could be a weakness for the England Cricket Team. Their top bowlers often get injured while bowling.

The other bowlers from England need to have some more experience to be consistent. They also need to work on spinners. Playing in India is difficult for them. It can be even more challenging and exceptional. The cricket pitches in India are usually more suitable for spin bowlers.

Opportunities For Team England 

During the late 90s, everyone witnessed the dominance of Australia as a strong team in the cricket world. The English team has an opportunity to create a similar period. They won the 2019 ODI World Cup and followed the same with the T20 World Cup in 2022. If they win the 2023 ODI World Cup, it will establish England as the dominant force in modern cricket.

Threats For Team England

Jos Buttler, Joe Root, Ben Feeds, and Liam Livingstone seem to have performed well if we look at the player’s records. When facing good spinners from India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, or Afghanistan, Buttler’s average score decreases to 39. Another piece of information is about Livingstone. The test score for ODI is very low. If we look at his numbers for T20s, his average is 26. 5.

If we look at how often the players can score runs, it seems like the English middle-order batters are not confident against spin bowling and therefore try to attack it, resulting in them getting out easily.

Team New Zealand Strengths

The New Zealand Cricket Team has good bowlers. The two main bowlers for the team are Trent Boult and Tim Southee. Both are excellent blowers and have some experience. They are strong enough to handle pressure and take wickets in important games.

Team New Zealand’s Weaknesses 

They face problems in batting. Their players are expected to score under pressure. Contrarily, they lose their wickets, which is not good for them to win the game.

They also have an inexperienced middle order. Spinners are not very involved or consistent as well. They find it difficult to play in India. The cricket fields in India are expected to have a medium difficulty level and be friendly towards spin bowlers.

Opportunities For Team New Zealand

The Kiwis have been playing for different ICC trophies for a while now but have not won many of them. They reached the finals of the ODI World Cup two times in a row but lost to Australia and England in 2015 and 2019 respectively. Recently, New Zealand had to beat India in the World Test Championship 2019-2021 cycle finals and they were confident about accomplishing this difficult task. Gary Stead’s team has a chance to succeed by learning from disappointment.

Threats For Team New Zealand

Kane Williamson and Tim Southee, two of the most experienced players, are currently dealing with injuries. The previous person is almost done recovering, while Southee faces a tough decision. He had an operation on his thumb that was broken on Thursday. September 21 is an important day that people will pay close attention to. From now on, the main threat to this New Zealand team is the worry and handling of damage.


England, who won the previous World Cup, has a great chance of winning the match against New Zealand. Even though both teams are very strong with good hitters and bowlers. It will be a great fun. The hardworking and trustworthy team will be the winner.
It is expected that England has a higher chance of winning the match against New Zealand.


The toss proves important in every match. Both of the teams have a few weaknesses. England has a strong group of batters, while New Zealand has a strong group of bowlers. If England wins the toss, they will probably choose to start batting.

So, they can try to get points and make it difficult for the bowlers from New Zealand. Similarly, if New Zealand wins the toss, they might prefer to start bowling.

Consequently, NZ will try to take advantage and try to get a few quick wickets because of England’s not consistent bowling.


Temperature SkyRain
24-25°CCloudyExpected in the morning but it will be dry during a match


Team EnglandTeam New Zealand
52% chance to win48% chance to win

Which team is stronger England or New Zealand?

Both teams have the best hitters and bowlers. The coordinate will go up while driving. In any situation, there are many possibilities that Britain is stronger than New Zealand. England has won the World Cup championship recently and is still holding the title.

When and where the England vs. New Zealand World Cup 2023 match be held?

The first match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between England and New Zealand in Ahmedabad at 1:30 pm | 2:00 pm local at Narendra Modi Stadium.

What are the pitch and weather conditions expected for the match day?

The weather will be partly cloudy with a nice temperature of about 24 degrees Celsius, which will be comfortable for both the players and fans. The field where the match will be played is expected to be dry and challenging, which means the ball will move quickly and bounce high. This is really good news for the players because it means they can hit the ball more easily.

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment