Who Will Win – 07 Nov 23 Match Prediction | Australia vs. Afghanistan 39th Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

Rabia Riaz

Who Will Win – 07 Nov 23 Match Prediction Australia vs. Afghanistan 39th Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

The Australia vs. Afghanistan match will be the 39th match of the ICC World Cup India 2023. This match will be played at the Indian stadium, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on Tuesday, 07 November 2023, at 02:00 PM. IST. After beating Pakistan, Afghanistan has 3 3-win streaks and is currently in the 6th position on the Point Table. Australia, on the other hand, faced defeats in their first two matches but they struggled to be placed in the top half of the table by winning 5 games in a row.

AUS VS AFG MATCH DETAILS

Match39th
TeamsAustralia and Afghanistan
Venue Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Date07 November 2023
Time02:00 pm

PITCH REPORT

Most pitches of Indian stadiums are batting-friendly likewise Wankhede Stadium. It is a paradise for batters as the boundaries are small. Because of the native red soil, it reduces the level of bounce. You can expect a high-scoring encounter there and the toss-winner team will choose to opt to bat first. From the bowling point of view, this pitch will assist spinners a bit, but the small boundary might cause a problem for slower bowlers.

HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH HISTORY AUSTRALIA VS AFGHANISTAN

Always fortunate Australia is unbeaten in all ODIs matches played against Afghanistan. Both teams faced in the ODI World Cup twice and Australia won both.

FormatMatchAustralia WonAfghanistan WonDrawnTied
ODI33000
T2011000

PREDICTED PLAYING XI

Team Australia

  • Travis Head
  • David Warner
  • Steven Smith
  • Marnus labuschagne
  • Josh Inglis
  • Cameron Green
  • Marcus Stoinis
  • Pat Cummins
  • Mitchell Starc
  • Adam Zampa
  • Josh Hazlewood

Team Afghanistan

  • Rahmanullah Gurbaz
  • Ibrahim Zadran
  • Rahmat Shah
  • Hashmatullah Shahidi
  • Azmatullah Omarzai
  • Mohammad Nabi
  • Ikram Alikhil
  • Rashid Khan
  • Mujeeb Ur Rahman
  • Noor Ahmad
  • Fazalhaq Farooqi

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM AUSTRALIA

Best Batter

DA Warner could be the best batter in this 39th match between Australia vs. Afghanistan. In the tournament, he is the 5 times champion and leading run-scorer with 428 runs. His batting average is 61.14 with a 111.74 strike rate. His era has 2 centuries.

Best Bowler

Adam Zampa is the leading wicket-taker in this tournament and took 19 wickets at an economy rate of 5.52. He claimed a three-wicket haul in his last match against New Zealand so, he could be a crucial ace leg-spinner for the opponent.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM AFGHANISTAN

Best Batter

Ibrahim Zadran is currently leading the point table for his team Afghanistan. From 9 matches, he made 372 runs in this ICC World Cup 2023. He, with Hashmatullah and Rahmat Shah, made more than 300 runs. He might be the best batter of team Afghanistan.

Best Bowler

Fazalhaq Farooqi will lead the fast-bowling unit in this match. Fazalhaq is a left-arm pace bowler. Against Sri Lanka, he picked up 4 for 34 in this tournament.

SWOT ANALYSIS FOR BOTH TEAMS

SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) of team Australia and Afghanistan teams:

Team Australia Strengths

Australian formidable big hitters’ names are Steve Smith, Cameron Green, Glenn Maxwell, and Marcus Stoinis. They are good players against spin bowling. In their playing eleven, they have a strong lineup of skilled batters, and this pitch will favor the Australian team. Their batters can take any bowling attack to the cleaners. In this tournament, Australia will showcase one of the most potent pace attacks.

Team Australia Weaknesses

The worry for this team lies with their out-of-form batters. Additionally, their weakness in the spin department is a major concern for them. They only have Adam Zampa as a specialized spinner and this pitch can favor spinners so it could encounter significant issues if Zampa underperforms. Their only challenge for them is the limited number of bowlers in their playing eleven.

Opportunities for Team Australia 

Their biggest strength is winning mostly ICC Tournaments. They are enough confident to make win in this World Cup. Their winning streak is 5 and are in a good position in the current Point Table. The other opportunity for this team is the Afghanistan team as they are still struggling. The short boundaries of this ground will make their batters hit easily and give a big target.

Threats for Team Australia

The only threat this team is dealing with, they lost their first two matches. Securing a win in this match is important for their qualification into the semifinals.

Team Afghanistan Strengths

Their team’s bowlers are their biggest strengths. Australia is struggling with their bowling department on the other hand Afghanistan’s strength is their bowlers like Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, and Mohammad Nabi, so this would favor the team Afghanistan. These bowlers can make the batter struggle especially during powerplay and can take wickets regularly. They have different bowling styles.

Team Afghanistan Weaknesses

Before the ODI World Cup 2023, this team chose their new Captain Shahidi which surprised everyone. Their former Captain is not a part of this team anymore. This would make their players feel uncomfortable. Their batting line is still struggling and not have any aggressive and experienced batters. Their middle order has not done well in the previous games.  

Opportunities for Team Afghanistan

The team of Afghanistan’s new captain is now trying to prove experts wrong and playing his best in the previous games of this tournament. Recently, he scored important runs for his team. He could be a good captain for team Afghanistan. Their perfect bowling trio is their biggest opportunity for this World Cup.  

Threats for Team Afghanistan

This team might miss their former captain and his bonding with the players. Their player’s injury would affect this game, especially the injury of their experienced player Hassan.  

WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR BOTH TEAMS

On this batting-friendly pitch, Australia has an 84% chance of winning this match. According to head-to-head records, Australia won all the matches played against Afghanistan. Afghanistan is still not doing their good in this tournament and has less chance of winning.

TOSS ROLL IN TODAY’S MATCH

The toss is the most critical part of the game. For this match, the toss will take place half an hour before the starting time. This will be at 01:30 pm while the match will start at 02:00 pm. The toss-winning team will opt to bat first as this short boundary and batting-friendly pitch will help them to score a big target. If Australia wins the toss, they will choose to bat first because of their strong batting line. On the other hand, Afghanistan has their best trio in the bowling department so, they might choose to bowl first and chase the target.

WEATHER REPORT (FORECAST) FOR TODAY MATCH

On 7th November, it is predicted that the maximum temperature will be as high as 35 degrees at the start of the match. The temperature will gradually decrease to 29 degrees during the late evening. It will be 44% humidity and there is a little chance of rain too.

MATCH PREDICTION

Australia has an 84% chance of winning this match.

Afghanistan has a 16% chance of winning this match.

What is the Google’s win probability of 39th match?

Australia has 84% chance while Afghanistan has 16% chance to win the match.

What is the head-to-head of Australia vs Afghanistan in ODI format?

Both teams played 3 matches together and Australia won all of them.

Is there any chance of rain during the match?

There is little to no chance of rain during the match.

Rabia is renowned for delivering thorough, precise, reliable, and current information. She conducts extensive research and produces well-informed content on various subjects, including medical, other content, and emerging trends.

Leave a Comment