Who Will Win – 08 Nov 23 Match Prediction | England Vs Netherlands 40th Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

Yasoob Ul Haq

Eng Vs NED Match 40

England Vs Netherlands match will be played in Pune on November 8, 2023. The stadium picked for this event is Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium. The game will start at 1:30pm in the afternoon.

This match won’t effect both the teams much, except a win or lose situation. Because both have been disqualified from the World Cup match series.

ENGLAND VS NETHERLANDS MATCH DETAILS

Date: Nov 08, 2023
Match40th Match
TeamsEngland Vs. Netherlands
Venue: Maharashtra Crickеt Association Stadium
Time
: 01:30 am

PITCH REPORT

The Maharashtra Stadium, aka the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium is located in Pune, India. It is the home of the Maharashtra cricket team and has held many international matches.

The pitch at the MCA Stadium is suitable for batting because it has a smooth surface and provides good bounce for the ball. However, the playing conditions can turn favoring spin bowlers as the game progresses, especially in the later part of the game. The spinners can also get some help from the dew in the evenings.

HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH HISTORY ENG VS. NED

Matches PlayedEngland WinsNetherlands WinsTied
6600

PREDICTED PLAYING XI

Team England

  • Jos Buttler (C)
  • David Malan
  • Ben Stokes
  • Jonny Bairstow
  • Joe Root
  • Liam Livingstone
  • Moeen Ali
  • Adil Rashid
  • Mark Wood
  • David Willey
  • Chris Woakes.

Team Netherlands

  • Scott Edwards (C)
  • Aryan Dutt
  • Vikramjit Singh
  • Max O’Dowd
  • Bas de Leede
  • Colin Ackermann
  • Teja Nidamanuru
  • Logan van Beek
  • Roelof van der Merwe
  • Ryan Klein
  • Paul van Meekeren.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM ENGLAND

Best Batter

After losing the first three games of the competition, Stokes took some time to start playing better and proved one of the leading players for his team. His refusal to play for India and his aggressive action towards Mohammed Shami seemed to trigger a change. He did well by scoring 64 runs against Australia, but couldn’t finish the game. He has already scored a great century against the Netherlands. His last game against Pakistan was another excellent performance.

BEST BOWLER

Moeen did a good job by bowling on average pitches against Pakistan. He presented himself smart and didn’t give away many points during the competition. He was very strange when he was using the bat. In 6 games, the player took 5 wickets at an average of 49.60, with an economy rate of 5.7. His best bowling performance in an innings was 3 wickets for 42 runs.
He scored 95 runs with an average of 15.83, a strike rate of 74.80, and his highest score was 42.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM NETHERLANDS

Best Batter

The Netherlands will rely on their captain, Scott Edwards, to finish their innings with the bat. The 27-year-old has an impressive record in One Day International matches. He has played 38 matches and scored 1212 runs at an average of 40.40 and a strike rate of 92.73.

Best Bowler

Logan van Beek was a standout player for the Netherlands during the World Cup qualifiers in Zimbabwe. He got 4 wickets for 24 runs against Nepal, 3 wickets for 26 runs against Sri Lanka, and 2 wickets for 40 runs against the same teams in Harare. Van Beek is good at taking wickets in cricket. The Netherlands are counting on him to do well against England. He also did well, getting 2 wickets for 35 runs in the rain-shortened World Cup warm-up game against Australia. Van Beek took 34 wickets in 25 matches for the Netherlands, including two times getting four wickets in a match.

SWOT ANALYSIS FOR BOTH TEAMS

Let’s look into a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team England Strengths

Having Stokes nearby could really help them a lot, and they also have lots of senior players who know how to win a global competition, which is something only Australia can boast about among the other teams.
Britain has a lot of good strong batters. They can be very aggressive and they are better than other teams when it comes to playing with a white ball. This is a big part of why they are so good at it.
The team got better when they placed Jason Roy in squad for backup. They also have Joe Root in their team.
Fast bowler Moeen Ali will be a reliable player for the team, but England also has fast bowler Mark Wood who is in good form. Leg-spinner Adil Rashid will be very tricky for England on pitches in India.

Team England Weaknesses 

Unlike India and Australia, Britain did not have any specific preparation for the World Cup.
England played four one-day matches against New Zealand at home and won three of them. It was their most recent one-day cricket games. Some of their best players were given a break and rested during the games against Ireland.
The need for key players to have enough time playing in games could be a big problem for England’s hopes. They have also arrived just a day before their first practice match.
England’s aggressive batting has been praised, but it is still unclear how well they will do on slower surfaces in the competition.

Opportunities For Team England

England’s best white-ball players, many of whom may be playing in their last 50-over World Cup, will have a great chance to make memories, which is at the core of their approach to playing cricket.
Buttler wanted to make one-day games more exciting by playing aggressively and scoring a lot of runs. He achieved this by scoring 182 runs from 124 balls against New Zealand.
At the same time, younger and less famous players like Sam Curran have the opportunity to secure their places on the British team as the team makes changes.

Threats For Team England

Britain have played 10 ODIs in this World Cup year. The team has to face a group of spinners, especially from Asian countries, who are skilled at taking advantage of the playing conditions. Buttler’s team will need to use their exceptional skills to counter this challenge.

Team Netherlands Strengths

The best thing about the Netherlands team in the World Cup is that they have all rounders who are good at everything. Including Bas de Leede, Max ODowd is also very good at cricket for the Dutch team. They are perfect at both bowling and batting. Apart from these three people, they also have Colin Ackermann who is good at same jobs.

Vikramjit Singh can also bowl and Logan van Beek can also bat occasionally. Vikramjit Singh can also help with bowling, and Logan van Beek can also help with batting.

Team Netherlands Weaknesses 

The Netherlands is a team that competes well in cricket, both when they are fielding and when they are batting. In the ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2023, the Netherlands cricket team struggled against Sri Lanka and their spin bowlers. They lost 11 out of their 20 wickets to Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana. The Dutch players may have a hard time doing well in the World Cup because the games are on pitches in India that spin a lot.

They have a good spinner named Aryan Dutt, and with him and two other bowlers have taken a total of 52 wickets.

Opportunities For Team Netherlands

Scott Edwards and Logan van Beek know a lot about playing cricket all over the world. Aryan Dutt, Vikramjit Singh, and Bas de Leede bring a sense of danger to the calm and careful approach of the more experienced Dutch players.
They have the opportunity to use these skilled players to win this match.

Threats For Team Netherlands

The Netherlands has no risk. Without wanting them to do well, they can defeat any strong opponent. With little information about their players, they can surprise teams and prove to be a dangerous opponent.

WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR BOTH TEAMS

Team Britain is a stronger team than the Netherlands. Both teams are disqualified to play in the World Cup 2023. This game is not important for any team. It is expected that England will win this match easily.

TOSS ROLL IN TODAY’S MATCH

The pitch is supportive to batters and the fluctuating weather conditions might let the toss winning team to bat first. England will probably bat first to set a huge target.

WEATHER REPORT (FORECAST) FOR TODAY MATCH

TemperatureSkyRain
20-25°CClearNo rain expected

MATCH PREDICTION

Team EnglandTeam Netherlands
70% chance to win30% chance to win

Who will win this match?

Team Britain is a stronger team than the Netherlands. Both teams are disqualified to play in the World Cup 2023. This game is not important for any team. It is expected that England will win this match easily.

Where will the Eng Vs NED match be played?

The stadium picked for this event is Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium.

What is the weather forecast for this match?

The weather will be moderate and a bit humid.

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment