Who Will Win – 15 Oct 23 Match Prediction | England Vs Afghanistan 13th Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

Yasoob Ul Haq

Updated on:

Eng Vs Afg Match 13

Get ready for the curious and thrilling England vs. Afghanistan match. After 12 big matches, it is now time for the 13th exciting match of this tournament. This event will put an unforgettable essence. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to watch this match going to be held on October 15, 2023, hosted by India. So, the fans should go to India to see the whole event.

This tournament is filled with thrilling matches. Ten different groups are participating in this event. Each group will have 9 games according to the schedule of this World Championship. In the 2023 World Cup, famous cricket teams from around the world will participate.

England Vs Afghanistan MATCH DETAILS

Date: Oct 15, 2023
Match: 13th Match
Teams: England vs. Afghanistan
VenueArun Jaitley Cricket Stadium, Delhi
Time
: 02:00 pm

PITCH REPORT

The game between Britain and Afghanistan is about to start at Arun Jaitley Stadium. The stadium’s pitch is not very good. It has a slower surface.

The playing surface where the game will happen is slower, and this is not advantageous for the players who are trying to bat. It is expected that the scores in the first inning will be very low. It helps to score faster in the second inning. The field is not easy for batters but good for spinners.

HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH HISTORY Eng VS. Afg

Matches PlayedEngland WinsAfghanistan WinsTied
2200

PREDICTED PLAYING XI

Team England

  • Jos Buttler (Captain, wk)
  • Alex Hales
  • Dawid Malan
  • Mark Wood
  • Chris Woakes
  • Ben Stokes
  • Jason Roy
  • Jonny Bairstow
  • Joe Root
  • Liam Livingstone
  • Sam Curran

Team Afghanistan

  • Hashmatullah Shahidi (c)
  • Rahmanullah Gurbaz
  • Ibrahim Zadran
  • Mujeeb ur Rehman
  • Muhammad Nabi
  • Riaz Hassan
  • Rahmat Shah
  • Najibullah Zadran
  • Ikram Alikhil
  • Azmatullah Omarzai
  • Rashid Khan

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM England

Best Batter

Jonny Bairstow is expected to be the batter’s partner at the top. His powerful batting skills have destroyed the top bowlers’ attacks. He is one of the best-attacking players in the world today, regardless of the type of matches he plays.

Bairstow works well as an opener for Britain as he is left-handed. In the meantime, Bairstow has earned 3653 runs in 98 ODIs and has achieved 11 centuries.

Best Bowler

Stamp Wood is one of the fastest bowlers in the world of cricket. He is famous for bowling consistently at speeds of over 150 km/h, and he has bowled at speeds exceeding 156 km/h on many occasions. In 2015, Wood started playing one-day international matches for the British team. He has played 59 matches for his country since then. He has taken 71 wickets in One Day International matches with an average of 37.9.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM Afghanistan

Best Batter

Hashmatullah Shahidi, the leader of the team, is very good at his unique batting skills. Shahidi is good at adapting to different situations in the game and he is a smart leader on the field.

Best Bowler

Mohammad Nabi is a player having a lot of experience. Nabi is very good at bowling off-spin in different directions, and he will prove to be a bowling asset on the field.

SWOT ANALYSIS FOR BOTH TEAMS

Let’s dive into a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team England Strengths

Britain will rely on Jonny Bairstow and Dawid Malan to score quickly at the beginning of their World Cup matches. Both opening batsmen have aggressive attitudes while batting, which can cause problems for the opposing team. Bairstow scored 532 runs in 11 matches during the 2019 World Cup, with an average of 48.36. He was the second-highest scorer for Britain.

Britain will rely on Bairstow to score lots of runs in the 2023 World Cup to win again and keep their title. After coming back to international cricket from a leg injury, the fast English opener has not played in many One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and his performance has not been good enough. Even though he hasn’t performed well recently, the British team is not worried about his fitness because Bairstow is an exceptional batsman who will likely become a game-changer in important matches.

Team England’s Weaknesses 

The biggest problem in England’s team is the presence of wounds and the lack of choices for improvement. If someone wants to succeed in the conditions of the subcontinent, they need to have good spin bowlers in their team. However, in this situation, they will face difficulties because they do not have as many skilled spin bowlers as they used to and their important players have suffered inconvenient injuries.

Opportunities For Team England 

This year, impressive bowling and handling skills are standing out, especially if Britain has many talented players who can score big points. These are areas where Britain is very strong but has different ways of doing things in other areas.

Threats For Team England

There is no doubt that the Three Lions team has a lot of good players. They have a great national cricket team. India poses the biggest threat to them. They seem to have more power than India based on their official records, but the situation could greatly affect the outcome of the deals.

Team Afghanistan Strengths

Afghanistan’s stockpile of bowling arms has been their main weapon. Having Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, and Mujeeb ur Rahman close together makes their bowling attack very dangerous, especially in Indian conditions where spinners get a lot of assistance. At the moment, Mujeeb and Rashid are ranked third and fourth in bowling in ODI cricket.

Mujeeb Ur Rahman has taken 93 wickets in 66 ODI matches. On average, he takes around 25. 86 wickets per match. He has had three matches where he took four wickets and one match where he took five wickets.

Team Afghanistan Weaknesses 

Afghanistan’s batting skills will be tested against strong teams in the 2023 ICC ODI World Cup. They have a normal unit, but it hasn’t been dependable. They need to make sure that they don’t hesitate or become uncertain when they are under pressure in difficult situations. Players like Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran must fulfill their responsibilities in the team. Despite being around for 200 years, Gurbaz has not been trustworthy this year. He averages 34.18 in eleven matches and has scored a total of 376 runs.

Opportunities For Team Afghanistan

Afghanistan defeated Bangladesh 2-1 in the One Day International series earlier this year. They could surprise and upset teams in the 2023 ODI World Cup because of their impressive spin bowling attack. This will be a chance for Afghanistan to show that they are one of the strong teams in world cricket.

Threats For Team Afghanistan

Afghanistan needs to deal with the pressure of performing in a big event. They have often lost control in difficult situations, and they should remain calm and composed this time. Their recent performance in the Asia Cup and the ODI series against Pakistan has not gone so well. They should let go of the bad things that happened in the past and start fresh.

WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR BOTH TEAMS

Following the previous records England seems stronger than Afghanistan. Team England will probably maintain its record as it did earlier.

TOSS ROLL IN TODAY’S MATCH

The team that wins the coin toss should choose to bowl first because of the condition of the playing surface. It is expected that Afghanistan will win the coin toss.

WEATHER REPORT (FORECAST) FOR TODAY MATCH

TemperatureSkyRain
23-24°CClearNo chance of rain and it’ll be dry

MATCH PREDICTION

Team New EnglandTeam Afghanistan
65% chance to win35% chance to win

What time is the match between England vs Afghanistan today?

The England Vs Afghanistan match will be around 01:30 pm.

Where will the match of England vs Afghanistan be played?

Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium, Delhi.

Who will win this match?

England seems stronger than Afghanistan. So, it may win.

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment