Who Will Win – 22 Oct 23 Match Prediction | India Vs New Zealand 21st Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

Yasoob Ul Haq

Updated on:

India Vs NZ Match 21

Welcome to the best place for information on India vs. New Zealand prediction for the 2023 World Cup. This very interesting match between India and New Zealand will take place on 22 October 2023. This cricket match at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium is going to be very exciting. India has the advantage of playing on their home turf, which is beneficial for them. They should make the most of this opportunity.

IND VS. NZ MATCH DETAILS

Date: Oct 22, 2023
Match: 21st Match
Teams: India Vs New Zealand
VenueHimachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
Time: 01:30 pm

PITCH REPORT

This stadium’s surface has a lot of bounce. On this pitch, the bowlers have a significant advantage. It is a spinning, bowler-friendly surface that makes scoring runs difficult for batters.

HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH HISTORY IND VS. NZ

Matches PlayedIndia WinsNew Zealand WinsTied
11658507

PREDICTED PLAYING XI

Team India

  • Rohit Sharma (c)
  • Shubman Gill
  • Virat Kohli
  • Shreyas Iyer
  • KL Rahul (wk)
  • Hardik Pandya (vc)
  • Ravindra Jadeja
  • R Ashwin
  • Kuldeep Yadav
  • Jasprit Bumrah
  • Mohammed Siraj.

Team New Zealand

  • Devon Conway (c)
  • Will Young
  • Mark Chapman
  • Daryl Mitchell
  • Tom Latham
  • Glenn Phillips
  • Rachin Ravindra
  • Mitchell Santner
  • Lockie Ferguson
  • Matt Henry
  • Trent Boult.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM INDIA

Best Batter

India’s cricket player KL Rahul has scored a total of 116 runs in three matches until now. The player is right-handed and has a strike rate of 80. 56. However, he plays in the middle of the lineup and has scored 50 runs in one game, and his highest score was 97 not out, which happened against Australia.

Best Bowler

India’s Ravindra Jadeja has taken 5 wickets in 3 matches of the ICC Cricket World Cup. The best performance he had in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 is taking 3 wickets and giving away 28 runs.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM New Zealand

Best Batter

Conway has played 22 one-day international matches. He has scored 874 runs and made 4 centuries. On average, he scores 46 runs per match and has a strike rate of 85. 51 His highest score is 138 runs. Conway is good at playing against fast bowlers because he waits until the last moment to hit the ball, giving himself more time to see where it’s going. Instead of turning away, he chooses to be more powerful and can defeat them easily.

Best Bowler

Mitchell Santner is a very good spinner from New Zealand who can play well in India and get a lot of rewards. The versatile player has participated in 94 one-day international matches and has taken 91 wickets, with his best performance being 5 wickets for 50 runs. He has maintained an economy rate of 4.87. He has made 1252 points and also got 3 fifties. Santner provides New Zealand with a team that has many good batters, which is important in today’s ODI cricket.

SWOT ANALYSIS FOR BOTH TEAMS

Let’s delve into a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team India Strengths

For a long time now, Jasprit Bumrah has become the preferred bowler for the Indian cricket team. Many people had questions about Bumrah’s career and how it would affect his future when he first started. Bumrah, despite facing obstacles, has become successful and gained recognition in the cricketing world.

He is very skilled at throwing the ball accurately both when it is new and later in the game. In short, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, and Virat Kohli are really good cricketers from India. They are among the top 10 players in the world when it comes to batting in One Day Internationals.

Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma work together very well when they start batting. While Rohit prefers to take some time before making a move, Dhawan doesn’t mind going after the bowlers right from the beginning. When Rohit is in a good rhythm, he can quickly recover the balls he used up and score a lot of runs. His three sets of two hundred each serve as evidence for this fact. Dhawan is really good at doing well in international competitions.

Virat Kohli is considered one of the best limited-overs batsmen in the world. His performance in chasing is exceptional and he has already scored 24 centuries.

Team India Weaknesses 

India’s performance has been unusual in recent years. This is partly why the middle team doesn’t have many chances to face some balls. That’s why the team has been struggling to find their number four player since the last World Cup.

Kuldeep Yadhav, a batsman, who will probably take the sixth opening position because he needs more practice and playing time. Despite having Hardik Pandya in the team, India’s middle order does not give confidence that they can consistently score 350 runs or more, which they will need on the flat pitches.

Opportunities For Team India 

It seems like Hardik Pandya is about to achieve something very special. This player is good at both batting and bowling provided a lot of fun while playing for the Mumbai Indians in the 2019 IPL. Even though he still needs to work on his bowling skills, he has shown significant improvement as a finisher.

India’s leg spinner, Kuldeep Yadav can help secure victory. In the past few years, he has been successful for the team. He is famous for making important plays in the middle of the match and stopping the other team from scoring points. India will also have an advantage because the team will play in their home ground so, the chance of them being discovered would be low.

Threats For Team India

India will start competing in the World Cup against New Zealand on Oct 22. India will then have their next match against England who are unpredictable and can give any team a tough competition on any day.

So, the team’s first four players would have very strict limitations. If they lose some of their energy at the beginning, it can greatly change things and become a big risk in a long competition like this.

Team New Zealand Strengths

Kane Williamson has a different style of leadership compared to McCullum, but he has done a good job in continuing the positive work.

Williamson is definitely one of the best batters in the world and has been consistently performing well for a long time. He provides strength to New Zealand’s center arrangement and is the one who holds the group together.

In any situation, the players have been more consistent which will give all to come up with their amazing game.

Team New Zealand Weaknesses 

Many batters in the New Zealand team struggle against spin bowlers. And when playing in India on tracks that favor spin, the problem becomes even worse for the Kiwi team. Except for Williamson, no other player has good statistics against spinners. Key batters like Daryl Mitchell, Devon Conway, and Glenn Phillips also struggle when facing spin bowling.

Opportunities For Team New Zealand

New Zealand has performed incredibly well in white-ball ICC competitions. After the 2003 World Cup, the Dark Caps are the only team that qualified for the semi-final four times in a row. In the last two World Cups, they finished in second place.

In the 2021 World Test Championship (WTC) final at the Rose Bowl, they defeated India and broke the pattern of struggling in important matches. This time, they have a group of incredible players in their team who have the ability to overcome all obstacles and win the desired trophy.

Threats For Team New Zealand

Recently, New Zealand had been doing well in the ODIs (One Day Internationals) but then lost momentum in a very important series. Even though they recovered well in T20 matches, their performance in one-day internationals may have greatly lowered their confidence.

The uncertainity against their performance can threaten their victory.

WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR BOTH TEAMS

Predicting an outcome based on the history of both teams. In the One Day International format, India and New Zealand have played against each other a total of 116 times. India won 58 games and Unused Zealand won 50 games. One coordinate was even and 7 matches ended with no winner.

The prediction is that India will likely win this match. India won more matches than New Zealand in the ODI tournament.

TOSS ROLL IN TODAY’S MATCH

As the pitch is bowler-friendly that makes scoring runs difficult for batters. So, the team that wins the toss should bowl first to stop rival team scoring more runs.

WEATHER REPORT (FORECAST) FOR TODAY MATCH

TemperatureSkyRain
18-20°CSunnyNo rain expected

MATCH PREDICTION

Team IndiaTeam New Zealand
70% chance to win30% chance to win

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment