Who Will Win – 24 Oct 23 Match Prediction | South Africa Vs Bangladesh 23rd Match (ICC World Cup India 2023)

Yasoob Ul Haq

SL Vs Ban Match 23

South Africa Vs Bangladesh will start the match for the World Cup 2023 at Wankhede Stadium on October 24, 2023. The Ban vs SA match will happen at 2:00 p.m. The team that wins the coin toss gets to choose whether they want to bat or bowl first. This location will be very interesting. Both groups have played many matches together in all three types of cricket. South Africa won more matches than Bangladesh and did an outstanding job showcasing their hard work, skill, and passion for cricket.


Date: Oct 24, 2023
Match: 23rd Match
Teams: South Africa Vs Bangladesh
VenueWankhede Cricket Stadium, Wankhede
Time: 02:00 pm


This stadium has flat fields that bounce the ball well. This stadium has pitches that are good for batting. In truth, most of the stadiums in India for the World Cup 2023 have pitches that are good for batting. This stadium is also one of them. The boundaries are small, which helps the players to get points. Usually, this pitch is good for both batsmen and bowlers, but it slightly benefits the batting players.


Matches PlayedSouth Africa WinsBangladesh WinsTied


Team South Africa

  • Temba Bavuma (c)
  • Quinton de Kock (wk)
  • Rassie van der Dussen
  • Aiden Markram
  • Heinrich Klaasen
  • David Miller
  • Andile Phehlukwayo
  • Lungi Ngidi
  • Kagiso Rabada
  • Tabraiz Shamsi
  • Keshav Maharaj.

Team Bangladesh

  • Shakib Al Hasan (c)
  • Najmul Hossain Shanto
  • Hasan Mahmud
  • Litton Das
  • Mahedi Hasan
  • Mahmudullah
  • Mehidy Hasan Miraz
  • Mushfiqur Rahim
  • Mustafizur Rahman
  • Nasum Ahmed
  • Shoriful Islam.


Best Batter

Temba Bavuma was a surprising choice as captain of the South African team in ODIs, considering his poor strike rate in the beginning. However, he has greatly improved himself as he has scored 1367 runs in 30 One Day International matches, including 5 centuries and 4 fifties. His strike rate is 91.07, which is a statistic the Proteas look for. Their captain leads the team forward.

Best Bowler

Kagiso Rabada, the best fast bowler from South Africa and one of the best bowlers in recent times, will lead the team’s bowling attack. The 28-year-old has been an important player for the South African bowling team since he started playing in 2015. So far, Rabada has played 92 matches and taken 144 wickets. His best performance was taking 6 wickets for 16 runs. On average, he concedes 5. 06 runs per over.

Rabada will make sure South Africa gets wickets in the beginning and can bowl fast during his 10 overs.


Best Batter

Litton Das has been assigned the task of providing a strong start to his team by playing aggressively with his batting style. In the last World Cup, he played in five games and did a good job for the team as a player in the middle of the lineup. He scored 184 runs in these matches at a fast rate of 110.17.

This time, it is very likely that he will be given the role of starting the game. The talented right-handed batsman has been very good in One Day International matches since 2015. During this time, he has played mostly as an opener.

Best Bowler

Taskin has been chosen by the Bangladesh team to lead their pace attack in the upcoming World Cup. The bowler with the right arm has taken 78 wickets in 57 One Day International matches at an economy rate of 5.49. He played his last World Cup in 2015. He took nine wickets in six matches with an economy of 6.37.


Let’s delve into a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team South Africa’s Strengths

South Africa’s greatest strength in this World Cup is their batting abilities. While the previous versions of their team were known for having exceptional bowlers, this version also has a strong batting lineup consisting of highly skilled players who excel at playing spin. In South Africa, there are three players in the center: Aiden Markram, Henrich Klassen, and David Mill operator. All three players score more than 100 points and can quickly change the game.

Team South Africa’s Weaknesses 

South Africa is most worried about not having enough good bowlers for their cricket team. Anrich Nortje can’t play in the World Cup so, the Proteas don’t have a good bowler at the end. Marco Jansen and Rabada allowed the opposing team to score runs while they were playing. This group may be focused on putting pressure on South Africa.

Opportunities For Team South Africa

South Africa will be considered less likely to win in this version of the World Cup. The way they performed in the last year has been a bit mixed, but underestimating the Proteas could be dangerous for the other teams. Their ability to hit the ball during the middle part of the game can hurt the opposing teams. With smaller boundaries, the batters from South Africa would prefer to hit the ball hard and score more runs.

Threats For Team South Africa

South Africa’s biggest enemy is themselves. Their biggest problem is that they struggle to perform well when it matters the most. They should believe in themselves to meet the challenge during the important moments.

Team Bangladesh Strengths

Bangladesh will have a very strong spin bowling attack in the 2023 World Cup. Captain Shakib will lead the spin-bowling group of the team. Mehidy Hasan Miraz will support his captain in adding quality to the office. Shakib has taken 308 wickets in 240 matches throughout his career in One Day International (ODI) cricket, which has lasted for 17 years. He is the main wicket-taker for the Bangladesh team.

During the World Cup 2023, the 36-year-old will be expected to make a strong commitment to the team while handling the ball. Shakib has taken the most wickets for Bangladesh in World Cups. He has taken 34 wickets in 29 matches at an economy rate of 5.11. The team will focus on Shakib during the World Cup 2023 because of his vast international experience.
Bangladesh has come to India for the 2023 World Cup with a different team. A combination of expert people can be beneficial for the team. Experienced players like Shakib, Mushfiqur Rahim, and Mahmudullah are expected to encourage young players like Tanzid Hasan, Towhid Hridoy, Shoriful Islam, and Hasan Mahmud to give their best for the team.

Team Bangladesh Weaknesses 

Tamim Iqbal scored the most runs for team Bangladesh in ODIs. He has not been chosen in the World Cup squad. The unavailability of experienced players made the BAN team lose in the Asia Cup 2023. In their absence, the team added Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Tanzid Hasan, and Mohammad Naim to be the openers in the upcoming matches, but all three players could not perform well in some of the important matches.

Litton Das is on the team for the World Cup, but it’s important to see who will support him as the opening player. Tanzid failed to prove himself as a good batsman in the Asia Cup 2023, only scoring 13 runs in two matches. Miraz scored 158 runs in five matches in the mainland competition, but most of his runs came from the game against Afghanistan at the Gaddafi Stadium. Miraz struggled to score runs when playing against good teams. Bangladesh may regret punishing experienced Tamim in the 2023 World Cup.

Opportunities For Team Bangladesh

The 2023 World Cup is a great chance for Bangladesh’s team to show their best performance. They are not seen as the team to win the desired trophy, but this group is trying to make their efforts memorable in their campaign. Countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Britain have to watch out for the Bangladeshi team, which includes Shakib and his teammates.

In the 2007 World Cup, Bangladesh defeated India by five wickets and played a big role in sending them back home after the group stage. The Bangla group caught a lot of attention for defeating South Africa by 21 runs in the 2019 World Cup. The opponent defeated the Proteas, and as a result, they were unable to advance to the next round.

Threats For Team Bangladesh

Bangladesh is not doing well in ODI cricket as it struggles to compete against strong teams like India, Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, and England. These big groups have some players who have won a lot of matches before, while the Bangla group has players who don’t have much experience.
Recently, Bangladesh did not perform well in the big ODI competition and faced a lot of difficulties in the matches. The argument between Shakib and Tamim, who were captains of the team, gave the media something to report on. The fight between two famous Bangla group leaders could harm the Bangla team. Both players are well-liked by their teammates and the argument between them could create a wrong example for the Bangla players who are participating in the upcoming competition.


The best calculation is always the best performance of players. Additionally, the possibility of predicting the coordinates can be foreseen by analyzing the performance of both teams in previous games. South Africa performed better and won more matches than Bangladesh in their recent games. Experts predict that South Africa will win this match.


The toss for this game will be held at 1:30 p.m. The team that wins the toss will choose whether they want to bat or bowl. The toss-winning team will select to bat first to score more runs.


27-30°CClearNo rain expected


Team South Africa Team Bangladesh
75% chance to win25% chance to win

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment