Who Will Win – 27 Oct 23 Match Prediction | Pakistan Vs South Africa 26th Match (ICC World Cup India 2023) 

Yasoob Ul Haq

Updated on:


The 26th match of the interesting World Cup 2023, Pakistan Vs South Africa is going to be held at M.A Chidambaram Cricket Stadium, India. The match will be played at 1:30 p.m.


Date: Oct 27, 2023
Match: 26th Match
Teams: Pakistan Vs South Africa
Venue: M.A. Chidambaram Cricket Stadium
Time: 01:30 pm


Pakistan and South Africa match will be played at the Chidambaram Stadium. This stadium became fame for its easy batting pitches. Players have a better opportunity to do well in this stadium. Spinners are also supported. Overall, this stadium has the best areas for batters to score a lot of runs for their team. The bowlers will seem like they are fighting to get the wickets.


Matches PlayedSouth Africa WinsPakistan WinsTied


Team South Africa

  • Temba Bavuma (c)
  • Quinton de Kock (wk)
  • Rassie van der Dussen
  • Aiden Markram
  • Heinrich Klaasen
  • David Miller
  • Andile Phehlukwayo
  • Lungi Ngidi
  • Kagiso Rabada
  • Tabraiz Shamsi
  • Keshav Maharaj.

Team Pakistan

  • Babar Azam (C)
  • Muhammad Rizwan
  • Fakhar Zaman
  • Abdullah Shafique
  • Iftikhar Ahmed
  • Saud Shakeel
  • Shadab Khan
  • Muhammad Nawaz
  • Shaheen Shah Afridi
  • Haris Rauf
  • Hassan Ali


Best Batter

Rassie van der Dussen is a very aggressive hitter. Dussen is good at the number 3 position in the team and can also score quickly if the openers do well. He has scored 1874 runs in 49 one-day international matches. He has hit 4 centuries and 12 fifties. His best score is 134 and on average he scores 54.78.

Van der Dussen is good at playing against spinners. This will help him when South Africa plays on Indian pitches like Lucknow, Delhi, and Chennai.

Best Bowler

Lungi Ngidi has played 48 One-Day International matches and has taken 78 wickets. His best performance was getting 6 wickets for 58 runs. Lungi has an average of 27.60. Ngidi is the best partner for Rabada when it comes to using the new ball. He can throw the ball very fast and can throw yorkers till the end of the game. Although there have been concerns about his injuries, no one can ignore Ngidi’s skills and trust for taking important wickets.


Best Batter

Mohammad Rizwan has been the best performer for Pakistan in the ongoing World Cup. He has scored an impressive 294 runs in four games with an outstanding average of 98. People think his century against Sri Lanka is one of the best games played by a Pakistani in World Cup history.

Best Bowler

Hasan Ali has appeared a few impressions of great frame within the competition. Hassan has been able to swing the ball early in matches. However, he has not been able to create a match-winning spell, Hasan Ali has done well in the competition, making a few great impressions. He can make the ball move in the air at the beginning of the matches. But he hasn’t been able to perform a winning move yet.


Let’s look into a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team South Africa’s Strengths

South Africa has a strong group of batters that includes talented players like Quinton de Kock, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, and David Miller. Klaasen practiced his batting skills in a cool way before the 2023 World Cup. In the five-match ODI series against Australia, the wicketkeeper made a new record by scoring a hundred runs in just 57 balls in the fourth ODI at the SuperSport Park Cricket Stadium.

Aiden Markram also consistently did well with his batting. In the year 2023, the 28-year-old player has an average of about 65. Markram has played in 11 One Day Internationals (ODIs) this year. In those matches, he has scored a total of 577 runs at a strike rate of 119.70. In South Africa’s victory over Australia in the ODI series, Markram played a very important role. He got 225 points in five games with a rate of 115.97. He got the Player of the Series award.

Team South Africa’s Weaknesses 

Anrich Nortje will not be part of the South Africa team in the 2023 World Cup. The fast bowler had to quit the entire competition because of a back injury. Nortje, along with Rabada and Ngidi, could have formed a perfect trio of fast-paced bowlers to trouble the opponents with their combined skill in fast bowling. Because Nortje is a very good bowler, it will be difficult for South Africa’s team to find someone to replace him.
In the 1996 World Cup, South Africa played their first World Cup in the sub-continent and did not make it to the semi-finals. In a competition organized by India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, the Proteas were at the top of the table during the initial matches. However, they lost to the West Indies in the quarter-finals in Karachi and were eliminated from the competition.

Opportunities For Team South Africa

In the 2023 version, South Africa is not expected to win the trophy. This bad number will help Bavuma and his team to perform well without any problems. In previous World Cups, South Africa messed up in important situations and missed the chance to win the trophy.

One more factor that will help the South African team perform well in this World Cup is their players’ experience playing in India. Famous South African players like David Miller, Quinton de Kock, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, and Kagiso Rabada have played a lot of cricket in India.

Threats For Team South Africa

One of the biggest risks for South Africa is its reputation for consistently failing in important situations. The Proteas are not very good at staying calm and focused in ICC competitions. In the 1996 World Cup, they lost to the Windies team in the later stages after performing well in the earlier stages. Previously during the 1999 version, they had to leave the competition because they tied with Australia in the semi-final in Birmingham.

In 2003, South Africa was expected to win the trophy as they were one of the best teams. But a mistake in the game against Sri Lanka led them to be eliminated from the competition. In a game against the 1996 World Container champions in Durban, the team had to score 269 but because of rain, the match ended before the 45th over of South Africa’s innings.

Team Pakistan Strengths

Pakistan has a few talented fast bowlers who can surprise batsmen with their exceptional bowling skills. Their group of fast bowlers includes Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, and Usama Mir. Shaheen, who will be participating in his first World Cup, will lead the attack.
Shaheen has played in 44 matches during his five-year career in One Day Internationals (ODI).
He has taken 86 wickets at an economy rate of 5. 45 The 23-year-old uses his fast speed and different skills to cause trouble for other players. This year, he has got 24 outs in 12 cricket matches, with an average score of 5. 30 runs per over. He leads the bowling attack and will try to improve his skills in the upcoming matches.

Haris Rauf and Hasan Ali will support Shaheen in the match. Rauf, the pacer has performed exceptionally this year. He took 24 wickets in 13 One Day International matches with an economy rate of 5.53. During the Asia Cup 2023, Rauf got nine wickets in four matches with an economy rate of 4.80. He hopes to continue his good performance in the World Cup 2023.

Team Pakistan Weaknesses 

The weaknesses of team Pakistan’s shown publicly during the Asia Cup 2023. Their good performers before the tournament, were unable to stand against strong teams like India and Sri Lanka. Babar Azam, the leader of the team, also failed.

Babar tried hard to score runs in the match against Nepal at the Multan Cricket Stadium. As a captain, he tried to benchmark his performance for his teammates. Babar and Fakhar, both talented top-order players, failed to perform well in the Asia Cup 2023.

Opportunities For Team Pakistan

Pakistan has a option to present their power in the upcoming match and win the WC after 30 years. The 1992 champions will be happy because the conditions in India for the ODI competition will be similar to those in Pakistan.

Babar Azam and his team will try to take advantage of normal conditions to get favorable results. Pakistan has done well in ODI matches in India. They have played 45 matches there and have won 26 of them. These numbers and facts will motivate Pakistan to perform well in the big ODI competition that is coming soon.

Threats For Team Pakistan

The biggest risk for Pakistan in the upcoming World Cup is their team. They constantly have different actions, which makes them stand out in big competitions. Their unpredictable campaign in the 2022 T20 World Cup could be a significant achievement. In the recent part of the T20 World Cup in Australia, the Green Brigade lost to Zimbabwe in the group match and was close to being eliminated from the competition.

Of Pakistan’s team of 15 players, nine of them will participate in the upcoming World Cup for the first time. Players like Saud Shakeel, Agha Salman, Mohammad Wasim, and Usama Mir are not very skilled and have also not performed well in their recent games. In the challenging environment of India, it will not be easy for this inexperienced Pakistan team to handle pressure.


Today is the big match of the World Cup 2023 between Pakistan and South Africa. This match will be close and will survive till the last ball. It is predicted that Pakistan will win this match.


25-30°CClearNo rain expected


Team South AfricaTeam Pakistan
40% chance to win60% chance to win

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment