Who Will Win – 28 Oct 23 Match Prediction | Australia Vs New Zealand 27th Match (ICC World Cup India 2023) 

Yasoob Ul Haq

Sri Lanka Vs New Zealand Match 27

Australia is going to play against New Zealand on 28 October 2023 at 10:00 AM. Australia vs. New Zealand match will be played at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium. The AUS vs NZ match is expected to be very interesting. Australia has won the World Cup five times continuously.

New Zealand needs to perform with zeal and zest to defeat Australia. This match of the World Cup 2023 is going to be very interesting for the audience. Be ready to watch the significant moments of this event.

Australia VS. New Zealand MATCH DETAILS

Date: Oct 28, 2023
Match27th Match
TeamsAustralia vs. New Zealand
Venue: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
Time
: 10:00 am

PITCH REPORT

The Australia vs New Zealand match is scheduled to take place at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium. This stadium has pitches that are good for batters and bowlers who spin the ball. The good bowlers who can make the ball move sideways will benefit from these pitches.

HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH HISTORY Aus VS. NZ

Matches PlayedAustralia WinsNew Zealand WinsTied
14195397

PREDICTED PLAYING XI

Team Australia

  • Pat Cummins (c)
  • Steve Smith
  • Trevis Head
  • David Warner
  • Marnus Labuschagne
  • Mitchell Marsh
  • Glenn Maxwell
  • Alex Carey
  • Mitchell Starc
  • Josh Hazlewood
  • Adam Zampa

Team New Zealand

  • Kane Williamson
  • David Conway
  • Tom Latham
  • Will Young
  • Rachin Ravindra
  • Daryl Mitchell
  • Glenn Phillips
  • Mitchell Santner
  • Ish Sodhi
  • Lockie Ferguson
  • Trent Boult.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM Australia

Best Batter

Steve Smith, who is considered the best player on the Australian team, wants to add another World Cup victory to his already impressive career. In 145 games, Smith has scored 5054 runs on an average of 44. 33 with 12 centuries and 30 half-centuries.

Smith, who is known for being a gatherer, has slightly changed his approach in ODIs. He is now scoring at a rate of more than 100 runs per hundred balls in recent games. In 2011, Smith played his first World Cup. He has played 24 matches so far and has scored 834 runs. He has made one hundred and eight fifties, with an average score of 46.33. He is a player worth watching as he is experienced and hits the ball hard.

Best Bowler

Josh Hazlewood is a bowler for Australia who can be very useful in One Day International matches because he is good at bowling in the same way as in Test matches. He has done well in ODIs, taking 116 wickets in 74 matches. His best bowling performance was when he took 6 wickets for 52 runs. On average, he gives away 26. 41 runs per wicket and has an economy rate of 4. 70

Hazlewood often gets the first wickets for Australia along with Starc. He is often used to stop the opposing team from scoring too many runs in the middle overs and at the end of the game. With Starc and Cummins by his side, he will be a tough opponent for anyone, regardless of the playing field.

PROBABLE BEST PLAYER TEAM New Zealand

Best Batter

Glenn Phillips is an energetic player from New Zealand. Phillips’s strength is hitting the ball forcefully and he can take wickets when required. Additionally, he can spin well so, can be called a true all-rounder. He scored 450 runs in 20 ODI matches. He also made two fifties. He can score runs quickly especially. He is a useful resource for New Zealand everywhere.

Best Bowler

Mitchell Santner is a skillful spinner to play in India to get more rewards. Santner, as a versatile player has participated in 94 One Day International matches and took a total of 91 wickets. His best performance was getting 5 wickets while conceding 50 runs. On average, his economy rate was 4. 87 runs per over. He has made 1252 runs and also has 3 fifties. Santner provides New Zealand with a large batting lineup, which is important in today’s ODI cricket matches.

SWOT ANALYSIS FOR BOTH TEAMS

Let’s check out a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Analysis of both teams:

Team Australia‘s Strengths

A few players like Glenn Maxwell, Marcus, Mitchell, and Cameron from the Australian team are experts in playing cricket. They can make their team win using both their batsmen and bowlers.

Furthermore, they can certainly balance Australia’s team in ODI cricket format. Pat Cummins has hit some sixes against Bumrah in the IPL due to which he got famous. In addition, all-rounder Mitchell Starc can also stick to the ground and score more runs. Similarly, the team has a good balance of bowlers as well which adds to the strength of this team.

Team Australia’s Weaknesses 

The Australian cricket team wants to improve their bowling skills before the important World Cup. No doubt, Starc, Hazlewood, and Cummins are good at bowling, but sometimes Hazlewood and Cummins seem to struggle in the late overs. While Starc is highly skilled at delivering yorkers, Hazlewood and Cummins rely more on cutters, which could work well on Indian pitches that favor slower deliveries.
The very strong Australian batting line-up has David and Mitchell. This group can be problematic for the opposite team on flat surfaces. They can face difficulty during the swing bowler’s overs. So, the Australian top-order is well managed but seems weak facing swing bowlers.

Opportunities For Team Australia

The Australian cricket team has to improve their bowling skills. Undoubtedly, Starc, Hazlewood, and Cummins are excellent bowlers, but sometimes, Hazlewood and Cummins get stuck in the final overs. Moreover, Starc has an impressive ability to bowl yorkers which might work on lower Indian pitches.
The Australian top-order is very strong at a glance. This group will prove to be challenging for the opposing team on flat surfaces. They may try to stand firm when the ball changes direction slightly.

Threats For Team Australia

Steve Smith is one of the best batsmen in cricket history. He has played valuable matches for Australia for many years. If Australians get a chance to celebrate their sixth World Cup victory, Smith will be crucial for the team in the tournament. Simply, he is having a bad performance in 2023, scoring just 137 runs in 5 matches, with an average of 27.40 runs per match.

Initially, Australia had an organized team, using Glenn Maxwell’s off-spin skills along with Adam Zampa’s leg spin. Unfortunately, an injury happened to Agar which forced them to change their World Cup team a few days before the event.

Team New Zealand Strengths

New Zealand’s captain Kane Williamson is back after recovering from a knee injury. Williamson won’t play in the first few matches, but his presence will boost the New Zealand team. Williamson stays calm in challenging situations with his strong strategic playing style. These are the qualities that make him a valuable member of his team.

Another aspect of the New Zealand team in this World Cup that impresses the fans is their strong bowling lineup. Their pacers Trent Boult, Matt Henry, and Lockie Ferguson are all experts at bowling.

Team New Zealand’s Weaknesses 

People worry as they consider the New Zealand team can’t play well in the subcontinent conditions. Kane Williamson is a really good player at rotating the strike in the team, but he might not be able to play at the beginning, which would be a big worry. Tom Latham has not had much success against spinners in India, unlike Williamson. Players like Phillips and Mitchell have faced challenging spinners. People feel young players don’t enjoy playing on old and dirty pitches.

Opportunities For Team New Zealand

New Zealand has a great chance to end its long wait for the World Cup. The Blackcaps have consistently performed well in ICC competitions, but they have not won many trophies. The New Zealand cricket team won the ICC World Test Championship in 2021, which made them very happy. They are now looking forward to winning the upcoming World Cup.

Threats For Team New Zealand

The Modern Zealand group is dealing with a few injuries before the World Cup. Kane Williamson is not completely healthy yet, and he won’t be able to play in the first few games. Right now, Tim Southee, a skilled pacer, is recovering from surgery on his fractured thumb. As a result, he will also not be able to participate in the initial phase of the World Cup. The Kiwi side will suffer a big loss because these two players will not be there.

WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR BOTH TEAMS

Deciding to expect the coordinate is very tough. It is not easy to accurately predict, organize, and choose the winner. There are many things to think about when predicting the outcome. The coordination depends entirely on how well the teams perform. Teams became champions based on how well they performed.

TOSS ROLL IN TODAY’S MATCH

This pitch supports the spin bowlers so, the team who wins the toss will decide to bowl and try to get more wickets in the start. Hopefully, Australia will win the toss.

WEATHER REPORT (FORECAST) FOR TODAY MATCH

TemperatureSkyRain
20-25°CClearNo rain expected

MATCH PREDICTION

Team AustraliaTeam New Zealand
70% chance to win30% chance to win

I'm Yasoob-Ul-Haq a UK Safety Certified Chemical Engineer and a highly skilled Content Writer having two years of writing experience on different types of interesting and competent niches. I prefer target oriented work to meet timelines.

Leave a Comment